Maine Oxy is New England's leading supplier of welding supplies, industrial and specialty gases, and innovative industry solutions. We have grown from our modest beginnings into a sales and manufacturing leader operating in 16 locations across New England and 3 locations in Canada. Maine Oxy is well known for our commitment to creating environmental-friendly products and our role in establishing the New England School of Metalwork. Maine Oxy is dedicated to providing the most current technologies at competitive prices, while also engaging in a variety of initiatives to better the communities in which we operate.
We are currently searching for an Accounting Manager for our Auburn, ME location. The Accounting Manager reports to the Controller and is responsible for reporting and analysis to ensure company financial statements are prepared timely and accurately. This position will include managing financial accounting and reporting, budgeting and analysis, and provide overall financial information to assist with strategic and operational decision making. In addition, the role assists in ensuring compliance with internal accounting policies, generally accepted accounting principles and multi state and federal regulations as applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct management of employees in staff accounting, accounts payable and administration which includes hiring, training and planning work assignments, performance appraisals compensation review and issue resolution.
- Manage financial reporting which includes preparing monthly income statements, balance sheets, cost center reviews, and variance reporting.
- Maintain the system of accounts and records for all company transactions and assets: Including but not limited to: general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets, liability and equity reconciliation.
- Coordinate and prepare for the annual budget and financial forecasting processes, including analyzing and reporting on variances.
- Prepare monthly internal financial package to track the progress of all productivity projects.
- Work with senior management to drive financial and operational accountability throughout the organization with an emphasis on the concept of Productivity.
- Act as lead financial support to capital projects, operations and to other departments as necessary.
- Support capital lending requests and ensure that capital projects are recorded in a proper manner.
- Maintain accounting practices in accordance with GAAP and ensure that all accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of annual income tax package, multistate sales and use tax filing and personal property tax returns.
- Coordination and completion of fiscal year-end financial audit with zero significant deficiencies in reporting or internal control.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of Excel and proficiency with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Lean / Six Sigma certification a plus
- Strong analytical, financial and communication skills conducive to a team approach and environment
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or related major with strong GAAP accounting knowledge
- 5-7 years managerial experience in production and or manufacturing is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear.
- Frequent sitting and standing, walking, using hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; may stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Maine Oxy is an equal opportunity employer offering a full benefit package to full-time employees including medical, dental, life and disability, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match of 50% up to 6% of gross pay. Vacation, sick and personal time plus 2 floating holidays and eligibility for profit sharing.