Planet Dog | Westbrook, ME
Planet Dog, a locally owned, globally known industry leader and designer of dog lifestyle products is looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist to join the Accounting Pack. This position reports directly to the CEO.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for the financial record keeping for Planet Ventures, Planet Dog Wholesale and Planet Dog Retail. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process accounts payables; pulling and coding bills, sending bills to managers for approval, entering bills into ERP system for payment, weekly review of check run with CEO for issuing check payments and
- Process accounts receivables to include posting customer payments, posting invoices, issuing customer credit memos, customer refunds.
- Manage company collections and receivables for both companies to ensure we are paid on-time. Will work with Collection Agency as needed.
- Manage cash accounts daily; daily cash reporting; bank reconciliations, etc.
- Complete outside sales rep commissions and payments
- Pull/code and process credit card invoices for payment.
- Assist with month end close process; reconciling intercompany accounts, processing journal entries, ensuring A/P and A/R equal trial balances.
- 1099 annual filing, maintaining accurate vendor records.
- Approve credit applications and net 30 terms.
- Reconciliation of credit cards.
- Complete monthly sales tax for both companies.
- Provide direct support to retail store regarding transaction related issues/questions.
- Daily bank deposits.
- Assist with additional accounting activities as needed.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- May be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week periodically as business needs require. (This will be discussed and approved by your Direct Supervisor.)
- Must be able to work at Company events not schedule during your normal work week. (This will be paid time.)
- Must be willing to volunteer time for Planet Dog Foundation event once a year.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Associates Degree in Accounting required with 3+ years business experience in accounting.
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Netsuite experience is a plus.
- Strong organizational and processional interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail, and comfortable managing a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities.
- Must have solid time management skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Must have a positive attitude each day with exceptional communication skills.
About Planet Dog:
Established in 1997, Planet Dog is a values-based, multi-channel designer and developer of high quality products for dogs designed to enhance the lifestyle that people share with their pets. We offer a broad range of extremely durable, award-winning, and unique toys and lifestyle accessories catering to all stages of a dog’s life. Our growing global business services wholesale and retail customers throughout the United States and around the world. Planet Dog's position of leadership in the pet market is cemented by our non-profit arm, the Planet Dog Foundation (PDF). Planet Dog sales support the Foundation, which in turn funds the training, placement and support of working dogs enhancing and saving peoples’ lives. Therapy dogs, assistance dogs, guide dogs, K-9 Search and Rescue, police, fire and military dogs, medical alert dogs, and many other projects that help dogs to help people.