Assistant Admissions Coordinator
Genesis Healthcare | Belfast, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Harbor Hill Center is looking for an Admissions Coordinator to join their team!
POSITION SUMMARY: Work with Director of Admissions to maximize center or cluster census, implement an effective, streamlined admissions process on a 24-hour, 7-days per week basis, and ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
1. Documents all inquiries on appropriate forms;
2. Performs follow-up on all inquiries who have not yet converted to admissions;
3. Attends daily meeting with department heads and Administrator to assess appropriate follow-up; 4. Maintains statistics and submits weekly report to Senior Director of Admissions or Regional Marketing Manager;
5. Conducts admissions counseling and tours with potential customers, families, and/or responsible party;
6. Ensures proper completion, signing and distribution of paperwork;
7. Provides advance notification to department heads regarding appropriate preparation and follow-up for admissions (both new admissions and re-admits);
8. Oversees assignment of attending physicians;
9. Assembles admissions and sales packets;
10. Ensures that customer room is clean and prepared appropriately before arrival;
11. Meets with family and customer on day of admission to welcome them and introduce to nursing staff on unit; follow-up with a visit at the close of day;
12. Participates as needed with two-week customer satisfaction survey;
13. Assures effective off-hours and weekend admissions back-up systems;
14. Monitors compliance with new admission policies and procedures;
15. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center's fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
16. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights;
17. Performs other duties as requested.
For more information or immediate consideration, please contact Stephanie Burrows, Regional HR Manager Stephanie.Burrows@genesishcc.com
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High school degree or equivalent.