Big Apple | Brunswick, ME
Big Apple convenience stores are a division of CN Brown Company. We're family owned and local to New England with our corporate office located in South Paris, Maine. With more than 75 Big Apple locations throughout Maine and New Hampshire, we offer many opportunities to employees who are looking for careers in management. We are proud to say that the majority of our upper level management were developed from a store level management position.
We value all of our employees and welcome you to be a part of our team. We offer competitive wages, with opportunity to win sales incentives and quarterly bonuses. Our benefits include Health, Dental and Life insurance, Employee discounts on home heating products, Paid Holidays and Vacations, Tuition Reimbursement, 401k with matching contributions, extensive training and employee support.
We invite you to join us, we are looking for leaders just like you!
Below are the general duties of a Manager at our Big Apple locations, this list is not all inclusive. As an Assistant Manager, you will be expected to train under the location Manager and assist as needed with the following:
- First and foremost you must be committed to train and be a leader at your location, in creating an atmosphere of legendary customer service.
- Leadership skills are essential for you to have the ability to train, develop, and supervise staff
- Conduct monthly store meetings
- Develop and maintain fully staffed stores, with a fully trained management team and associates
- Comply with all Big Apples programs, policies and procedures, as well as all regulatory requirements
- Connect with the community to establish positive relationships, development, and store success
- Assume responsibility for special programs and/or assignments as needed
- You will be working in a fast paced environment; energy and efficiency will be important
- Having a vehicle is vital. You must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to and from the store at all hours.
- You must have open availability; Be able to cover shifts, and return to the location during off hours should there be an emergency
- Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Complete required daily accounting paperwork and transmit by 3pm daily to the office
- Make daily bank deposits by 11am
- Account for ATM and lottery funds on a daily basis
- Keep accurate records and reports
- Control inventories, check in vendors and deliveries, following our vendor check-in policies
- As a petroleum based business, you will be trained, certified in, and expected to follow EPA and DEP Storage tank policies.
- Insure that daily fuel pricing competitor surveys and fuel price changes are completed by the morning and afternoon deadlines
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, develop, discipline, and terminate staff using appropriate documentation, policies, and processes.
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness and sanitation
- Participate in inventory audits
- Communicate with associates, upper management, and office support personnel
- Have the ability to perform all Associate duties including shifts, lifting, stocking cooler and maintaining the inside and outside of the location.
- Must be able to lift 35lbs
- Implement and support all company promotional and sales initiatives
- Taking pride in our operation, you will be responsible for maintaining the image of the location. You will Represent the corporation; including greeting customers while maintaining a professional image and demeanor.