BHP- Portland Kids Academy $500 SIGN ON BONUS! Full Time w/Excellent Benefits!
Connections for Kids | South Portland, ME
We are seeking experienced individuals to join our Behavioral Health Professional team who want to positively impact the lives of Maine children and families!
Portland Kids Academy is a special purpose school that provides behavioral support services to students who have a mental health diagnosis that includes conduct disorders, anxiety, and PTSD. The BHP works with a licensed clinician and school personnel to provide support, behavioral management skills and treatment plan implementation. We serve grades K-6, and are looking for a BHP to join our team. This is a full time position in South Portland, Maine and the school year includes a modified 6 week summer program.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Must have experience working with children in the mental health field in order to be considered
- BHP certification preferred
- Completed Bachelor's degree required
- Willingness to get DOE fingerprint and Ed Tech III certification
- Valid drivers license with good driving record
- Proof of auto insurance
- CPR, FA and Safety Care Required (agency-paid training available)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
We invest in our employees by offering the following:
- $500 SIGN ON BONUS!
- 40 hours per week with regular school hours including Extended School Year (ESY) in summer months
- Paid trainings for BHP Certification, First Aid, CPR and Safety Care
- Competitive Pay and Excellent Benefits (after 60 days)
Our industry leading benefits package includes:
- Short term disability
- Employer-paid Long term disability
- Employer-paid Life Insurance
- Retirement plan with matched contributions
- Accrued earned time off totaling 22 days a year
This position is located in South Portland, ME.