Behavioral Health Professional- Specialized Section 28 $15.00
Connections For Kids | Portland, ME
If you are looking for a close-knit, supportive agency in which to learn and grow then look no further!
We are seeking passionate and driven individuals to join our Specialized Section 28 Team who want to positively impact the lives of Maine families!
The Specialized Section 28 BHP (Behavioral Health Professional) works for (Section 28) or Rehab and Community Support Services for Children with Cognitive Impairments and Functional Limitations or Specialized Services. The BHP works in the client’s home to provide support, behavioral management skills and ILS to clients who are diagnosed with MR and/or Autism and working to improve their functioning.
- Have an understanding of ABA methods
- Support the client and teach them independent living skills and behavioral management skills while following the treatment plan closely
- Teaching coping skills to clients
We invest in our employees by offering the following:
- 20+ hours weekly with a flexible schedule of afterschool and weekend hours
- Paid trainings for BHP Certification, First Aid, CPR and Safety Care
- Regular supervision and interaction with leadership staff
- Competitive Pay
- Room to grow in our expanding agency
Candidates for this position must have:
- ABA experience
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Proof of auto insurance
- Reliable transportation
- CPR, FA and Safety-Care training required (will train)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work as a team player
- Experience working with MR and Autism
- Creative and caring
- Able to be organized and to prioritize workload
- BHP certification (paid in-house training available
- High School Diploma or equivalent
This position will be located within the Portland area, travel is required.