Billing Compliance Specialist - Audit & Compliance
MaineHealth Corporate |
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- This position is responsible for review and analysis of documentation to support acceptable billing and documentation practices at Maine Medical Center and will also be available for MaineHealth and its subsidiaries. The incumbent prepares logs and statistical reports of findings and appropriately disseminates information to the Department or Program Chief; Medical Record Services, Patient Accounts and others. The findings and analyses are used to evaluate compliance with various billing regulations. Technical and educational assistance is provided to various staff on improving documentation in relation to meeting compliance with billing regulations. Auditing and educational assistance are provided to various departments as necessary.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Five years' experience with broad knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and disease process.
- Possess one of the following certifications: AHIMA- RHIT, CCS, CCS-P; AAPC-CPC, CPC-H, CPMA; HCCA- CHC and/or clinical experience as an RN or LPN with the expectation of earning a certification within one year.
- In depth knowledge of hospital organizations and, medical practices.
- Knowledge of physician billing practices, CMS billing regulations, CPT coding guidelines from the American Medical Association.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, subordinates, administrators, supervisors, outside agency personnel, and all levels of hospital personnel in relation to appropriate documentation practices and compliance.
- Ability to direct the processing, collection, maintenance and analysis of compiled information and the preparation of reports from this data.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret it to others.
- Ability to maintain the stamina required to perform detailed and repetitive reviews and audits on a continuous basis.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed
Job Code: 100025647
Posted On: 2017-10-25 01:00:04
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Accounting, Finance, Healthcare
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info