Business Development Manager (FMI)
FIBER MATERIALS INC. | Biddeford, ME
FMI has proven itself as a key supplier of critical military technology and components to government agencies, prime contractors, and industry. As a recognized leader in the manufacture of high-temperature composite materials, FMI produces components and products that serve a range of applications from industrial insulation and friction hardware, and from thermal protection systems (TPS) to rocket motors to nose tips. Our materials can be found inside industrial furnaces, at the National Air and Space Museum, and on the surface of Mars.
The primary responsibility for this position is to develop new business for FMI. This will be accomplished at existing customers and by identifying and cultivating new customers, with the assistance of our application engineers. The key measures of success of this position will be growth of sales revenue and New Business Development Pipeline (NBDP) value. In addition to developing new business you will also provide valuable customer and market information to help support FMI’s business strategy and marketing efforts.
New Business Development
- Provide input to and then execute the sales strategy to grow FMI sales
- Identify target new customers through research
- Develop relationships and credibility with engineers and stakeholders at current and targeted new customers to identify, initiate, and manage to success, new opportunities
- Provide presentations to build awareness, preference and ultimately purchase of FMI’s products
- Ability to respond to the technical needs expressed in conversations with customers, RFQs/RFPs from customers and customer specifications
- Ability to convey our value proposition which will ultimately result in customer specification of FMI products and sales
- Provide insight into value in use, to assist in pricing
- Ability to work with internal teams to match our capabilities with customer needs to develop a win – win offering
- Develop sales forecasts and sales reports
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to Marketing Communication efforts including print collateral, website, news releases, technical articles, etc.
- Participate at trade shows and conferences to promote FMI products
- Provide Voice of Customer (VOC) to FMI business teams to enable high value solutions to our customers
- Provide VOC to help develop Technology Roadmaps and assist in developing the definition and business case for new products
- Expected to maintain all housekeeping items and follow all housekeeping procedures
- Expected to follow all safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment