Call Chaplain-Per Diem
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
- Position Summary
- The Call Chaplain functions as a team member of the Department of Spiritual Care and provides spiritual, emotional and religious care to patients, families and staff of all faiths and/or no recognized faith tradition in emergency situations such as end of life, trauma, moral distress, and urgent questions of meaning and value. The on call chaplain primarily serves the patients, families and staff at Maine Medical Center during second and third shifts and weekend shifts.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Undergraduate degree and at least two units of ACPE-accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), required.
- Master in Divinity or Theology and four units of ACPE-accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), preferred.
- 2 years of professional ministry in congregation or institutional setting, strongly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate empathetic reflective listening skills.
- Computer skills as needed in the clinical environment.
- Spiritual care assessment skills.
- Communicate clearly, accurately and collaboratively.
- Ability to be productive during late night and early morning shifts.
- Critical thinking and research aptitude.