Care Access Pre-Certification Specialist
York Hospital | York, ME
York Hospital, we are a Community. For Life.
We have an opening for a an experienced Care Access Pre- Certification Specialist. This is a full time, 40hrs/wk position working in our Care Access Center at York Hospital. The hours for this position are M-F 8:00am-5:00pm.
The Care Access Pre-Certification Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Verifying insurance coverage for all inpatient and observation bed admissions and initiate pre-certification with insurance companies; work in conjunction with Utilization Review nurses to coordinate process; provide documentation and revise admissions as necessary to insure proper claim submission
- Register and verify coverage and obtain prior authorization for all surgery, special procedure and physical therapy patients
- Assist York Hospital teams and medical practices with pre-certification questions and issues
In order to help us continue to provide exceptional Patient/Customer experiences we need you to have the following:
- Minimum (2) or more years of Pre-Certification experience.
- Excellent customer service and computer skills.
- Hospital pre-certification experience is preferred.