Care Management Associate
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- The Care Management Associate (CMA) works under the direction of care managers and care management social workers to support the interdisciplinary healthcare team members across the continuum. The CMA will help to coordinate; payer communication, transition plan implementation, delivery of patient documentation and other duties in support of care management departmental functions. The CMA demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and can identify each patient's age specific needs.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High school education/GED preferred with 3 years previous medical experience or 1 year with advanced degree.
- Understanding of medical terminology and medical diagnosis.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize work and work productively in a team structure, with and without direct supervision.
- Requires initiative, to exercise considerable judgment in making adequate decisions regarding patient care plans and patient progress through the continuum.
- Experience with community resources or insurance companies desirable.