Case Manager-Medical Affairs Administration
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Responsible for enrollment of enrollees/participants into the program. Assesses the emotional, social and environmental needs of participants. As indicated, provides casework services including information and referral, psychosocial support and advocacy. Works in collaboration with health care, mental health, social service providers and the participant in order to optimize the enrollee/participant's health and his/her ability to participate in the Program. Assists with administrative monitoring of the program including the preparation of statistical and other reports related to activity.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree preferred. Licensure by the Maine State Board of Social Work Licensure as a Licensed Social Worker preferred.
- Approximately two years on the job experience in a community health setting in order to consolidate and demonstrate knowledge of community resources and skills in assisting people to make decisions about their health and health care. Ability to ensure that a wide variety of other disciplines or community resources work cooperatively in order to maximize the health and well being of the enrollee/participant.
- A relatively high level of analytical skills and demonstration of good judgment in assessing and planning for the needs of enrollees/participants.
- Comfort and competency developing and presenting information to groups of health care and service providers is desirable.
- Ability to operate software systems that support program activities, working with a database and extracting statistical reports.
- Strong customer service, teamwork, resource knowledge and advocacy skills are essential.
- May be required to travel off-site. Will need valid Maine driver's license and reliable vehicle.