Frannie Peabody Center | Portland, ME
General Statement of Duties:
Responsible for the provision of primary case management services to persons living with HIV. Ensure timely and coordinated access to medically appropriate levels of health and support services, and continuity of care. Provide treatment adherence counseling to ensure readiness for, and adherence to, complex HIV/AIDs treatments. Act as a resource for referral to other agencies involved in the provision of services for eligible clients and works to develop relationships and coordinate further services in the community.
- Carry a caseload of 35-45 clients.
- Meet with clients to identify what needs they have and how the quality of their lives can be improved; determine the case management services that would best meet these needs; develop goals and objectives that will address these needs, and document these in the care plan. Review the progress towards these goals on a regular and quarterly and/or 6 month, as required basis in the case notes and on the care plan.
- Provide referral and linkage services to people living with HIV and their friends, family members, and significant others.
- Advocate and collaborate with other service providers in the provision of services on behalf of clients.
- Develop and maintain a supportive counseling relationship with clients and affected others, drawing upon knowledge and skills in mental health, substance abuse and addictive behavior, grief and bereavement, trauma recovery, and family systems.
- Work with clients to achieve greater independence over time. Effectively set limits with clients.
- Complete required documentation in a timely fashion.
- Maintain monthly billing quota.
- Participate in rotating clinical coverage of office.
- Uphold the mission and integrity of client-centered case management and maintain ethical standards relevant to role and social services profession. Participate in annual program planning, including goal setting for existing program and developing new projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and certification requirements:
- Social Worker: A social worker must hold either a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and must be licensed in the state of Maine;
- Other Qualified Staff: Other qualified staff must have a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of case work experience.
Other skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of the service and care needs of people living with HIV and affected others.
- Commitment to working with people living with HIV and affected others.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience of at least two years in providing direct services to persons through a social service, mental health or substance abuse agency.
- At least one year of experience providing services to persons with HIV infection is preferred.
- French and/or Spanish proficiency a plus.
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
Must be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile insured in accordance with state requirements.
This position is eligible to participate in a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending account, dependent care reimbursement, 401(k), holiday pay and accrued time off benefits.
We will accept applications until the position is filled. Submit resume & cover letter with salary requirements to:
Frannie Peabody Center
30 Danforth St Suite 311
Portland ME 04101
No phone calls please.
Frannie Peabody Center is fully committed to the principles of multiculturalism and equal employment opportunity, and it is the policy of FPC to make employment opportunities available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, disability, HIV status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or other personal characteristics and to provide a work environment free of bias based on such classifications. Go to www.peabodycenter.org for more information about Frannie Peabody Center.
This job will require travel in both Cumberland and York Counties