Cell Cube Operator
Corning | Kennebunk, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning's Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
The purpose of this position is:
- Performs multiple tasks to accomplish the hand assembly operations of all CellCube products.
- This position requires the interpretation of drawings and data to ensure the quality of the final products.
- The operator will work with a variety of chemicals, tubing, measurement equipment, gauges, racks for treating, plasma chamber, leak checkers, gases, chemicals for bonding parts to cellcubes, welders, sealer and microscopes.
- This position requires the ability to work independently and make quality decisions on in-process and finished good products.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Properly uses Personnel Protective Equipment.
- Fills out daily inspection sheet for sub lot numbers and lot number after verification of lot issuance program for traceability.
- Performs training of new employees in the area of responsibility.
- Read and interpret product drawings for the assembly of cellcubes and kits.
- Performs detailed hand assembly using numerous documented processes involving the use of chemicals, intricate parts, and application of surface treatment using a plasma chamber.
- Test product with calibrated gauges and data acquisition equipment.
- Pack product for final inspection.
- Maintain all necessary records to GMP and ISO requirements.
- Use computer for data acquisition, product monitoring and quality performance.
- Perform final QA with quality department to inspect final packout.
- Perform 100% in-process visual inspection with light box and 100% gauge testing of all CellCube products to ensure quality standards.
- Maintain accurate production counts.
- Performs inventory of all products and components in area.
- Accepts and rejects product to inspection criteria/procedure.
- Interact with customers during visits.
- Detects and reports improper operation, faulty equipment, defective material and unusual conditions to supervisor or team leader.
- Follows established company rules, regulations and maintains quality standards.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine