Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist(CRNA)
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) a professional anesthesia provider who administers inhalation agents and any or all drugs, including narcotics, to provide adequate, safe anesthesia to patients during surgical, obstetrical and diagnostic procedures under the direction of or in consultation with a physician anesthesiologist, operating under an anesthesia care team model.
- Comprehensive understanding of all the procedures and equipment used to administer anesthesia to various age groups.
- Analytic ability to prepare/participate in the anesthesia plan.
- Ability to monitor patient's condition and interpret data from various monitors during surgery.
- Ability to assist in lifting/transporting patients.
- Ability to operate and perform minor repairs on a variety of anesthesia equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, subordinates, other members of the anesthesia team and related hospital personnel.
- Appropriately prepares for Anesthetic assignment
- Demonstrates clinical competence necessary to deliver various types of anesthetics
- Demonstrates understanding and competence in the administration of specialized anesthetics and patient with specialized needs
- Participates in continuing educational opportunities in order to maintain clinical competency
- Upholds and consistently acts in concert with the ethical values and principles of the profession and the organization.
- Teamwork and Communication: Skilled and Effective Horizontal and Vertical Communication
- Customer Service
Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine, and successfully completed a course for Nurse Anesthesia at an accredited school. Must be currently certified as a Nurse Anesthetist by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.