Chief Operations Manager
Bangor Area Staffing Solutions | Bangor, ME
This just may be your “dream job!”
Bangor Area Staffing is pleased to be partnering with their client Fox Forestry, who is seeking a Chief Operations Manager. Fox Forestry is an innovative company focused on revolutionizing the forest management and forest products industry along the coast of Maine and around the world. It is a family owned business located in Orland, Maine. Fox Forestry specializes in Environmentally sensitive projects associated with regulated shoreland areas along the coast of Maine and on the outer islands. They have a unique approach to understanding and implementing climate changing strategies that sets them apart as leaders in that sector. It is an exciting time at Fox Forestry and as the Chief Operations Manager, you will be asked to work creatively alongside the owner and team to continue to grow Fox Forestry to the next level!
Some of the major responsibilities of the Chief Operations Manager will be:
-Engage with clients to learn their property needs and then tailor a custom service proposal. To include: job costing, project equipment needs, sawmill/planer specifications, incorporate and communicate design concepts associated with utilizing wood materials derived from the property of each landowner.
-Produce complex strategic work orders for projects, track hours and production, and invoicing.
-Sales of a new product line of Swedish Forestry equipment and associated services.
-Consistent client follow-up through all projects to ensure customer satisfaction.
-Assist in managing and motivating teams of forestry professionals by ensuring a safe and positive work environment.
- Prefer CADD Drafting experience and/or architecture background to assist with design plans for buildings and other structures to enhance client’s properties.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills both written and oral.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of clientele and describe a vision for a client’s property during presentations.
- High attention to detail required and must be good with numbers (previous job costing and invoicing experience preferred).
- Must have previous management experience and good computer skills i.e. Google Drive and Excel.
- Knowledge/experience in building/construction needed and forestry experience preferred yet not required.
- Valid Driver’s License required and must be able to travel.
- Salary based on experience plus benefit package.
To apply for this career opportunity, please email your cover letter and resume to Nettie Kilby, Branch Manager at jobs@BangorAreaStaffing.com.