Administrative/Clinical Assistant Flexible
Portland Foot & Ankle, PA | Portland, ME
Established and well regarded Podiatric Practice is seeking an Administrative/Clinical Assistant to provide quality care to patients in Portland, Maine. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person who is dedicated to providing excellent care and customer service and desires a position in a fast paced environment. Excellent salary and benefits package.
* Communication: Provides timely, concise and audience appropriate information orally and/or in writing
* Initiative: Continuous learner proactively focusing efforts and energy on successfully attaining individual and practice goals and objectives
* Work Habits and Productivity: Able to maximize time to produce timely, quality results
* Teamwork and Relationships with Others: Collaborates with a variety of individuals by establishing and maintaining constructive relationships
* Customer/Patient Focus: Demonstrates commitment to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers
* Job Competency: Ability to achieve the key results of the position through knowledge and performance of the job functions.
Job Functions (Administrative)
* Answering phones/scheduling appointments according to scheduling guidelines and if necessary seeks guidance/approval for those times when a patient must be seen, but an appointment is not available
* Greets and welcomes patients as they arrive for appointments
* Check in patients, ensuring patient has completed a health history form, and all applicable intake forms. Captures correct insurance and billing information. Utilizes appropriate signal system to alert the x-ray tech/medical assistant that patient is ready to be roomed.
* Prepares charts for the next day's appointments.
* Assist with general incoming paperwork and organization to make sure information makes it to the proper place in a timely manner. Disburse faxes to the appropriate area and scan into the patient chart.
* Checks patients out at the conclusion of their appointment, collecting appropriate co-pay and booking follow up appointments as directed by the doctor.
*Updated Sales Tax log
* Balances the cash drawer at the end of the day.
* Assist Administrative Staff as necessary. Including but not limited to Billing Support and Surgical Scheduling
* Referrals Incoming/Outgoing
* Other projects to be assigned
Job Functions (Clinical Assistant)
* Greet and room patients. Once patient is roomed, verify full name, date of birth, and pharmacy.
* Review health history form for completeness and update patient's chart
* Verify medication list is up to date and inquire about any new issues the patient may be experiencing
* Assist the doctor’s as necessary, Fit and Adjust Orthotics, Dispense Durable Medical Equipment, and custom made braces/provide patient instruction
* Ensure exam rooms are cleaned after each patient
* Ensure exam rooms are stocked according to the individual doctor’s needs/desires
* Triage phone calls as necessary
* Transmit prescriptions electronically as directed by provider
* Maintain and clean equipment including sterilization procedures using the autoclave
* Complete Disability Claim Forms providing accurate and complete information utilizing the patient chart and consulting with the doctor as necessary
* Complete Pre-authorization’s with patient’s health insurance provider as necessary
* Schedule MRI, CT scans, Ultrasounds and other appointments as necessary
Physical Requirements: Employees must be able to lift, bend, and assist patients as necessary.
Excellent salary and benefits package.
Medical Office experience is required. Experience handling multiple tasks, multi-line phones, and business office equipment required. Exceptional customer service experience as well as the desire and ability to work as part of a team in an often changing and fast paced environment is a must.