Clinical Pharmacist-Pharmacy OP IV Therapy Sanford
Maine Medical Center | Sanford, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingWe thrive at our ambulatory oncology practice because of the people and our shared dedication to provide our patients with compassionate care. It is unique to find a position where your team members collaborate and support each other to maximize functionality across multiple disciplines. We pride ourselves in creating the healthiest work environment possible and, as a result, we are able to achieve our ultimate goal of optimizing both patient care and patient experience. The following experiences are preferred but, not required: graduation from an ASHP Accredited PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency or equivalent clinical experience in oncology, knowledge of investigational trials, and familiarity with USP 797 and USP 800. This position will help oversee pharmacy research study management. This position will be based in Sanford but will cover occasionally in our other locations including South Portland, Scarborough, and Biddeford.
- Position Summary
Under the general direction of the Pharmacy Manager, or their designee, the Clinical Pharmacist reviews drug therapy, formulates recommendations based on current literature and established standards of practice, directly supervises supportive personnel serves as a resource for drug information; participates and directly supervises the preparation and distribution of medications, and serves as a member of the healthcare team with the prescriber and direct caregiver.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Graduate of an ACCP accredited school/college of pharmacy is required.
- Eligible or currently licensed in the State of Maine.
- Work experience as a patient care pharmacist involved in patient monitoring and drug therapy review is preferred.
- Experience in an organized healthcare setting is preferred.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems related to drug therapy.
- Experience in the monitoring and consultation on drug therapy in patients of all age groups.