Clinical Pharmacist-Pharmacy Retail
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
- Position Summary
- Under the general direction of the Pharmacy Manager, or their designee, the Clinical Pharmacist reviews drug therapy, formulates recommendations based on current literature and established standards of practice, directly supervises supportive personnel serves as a resource for drug information; participates and directly supervises the preparation and distribution of medications, and serves as a member of the healthcare team with the prescriber and direct caregiver.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Graduate of an ACCP accredited school/college of pharmacy is required.
- Eligible or currently licensed in the State of Maine.
- Work experience as a patient care pharmacist involved in patient monitoring and drug therapy review is preferred.
- Experience in an organized healthcare setting is preferred.
- Analytical skills necessary to identify and resolve problems related to drug therapy.
- Experience in the monitoring and consultation on drug therapy in patients of all age groups.