Commercial Banking Relationship Manager
Bangor Savings Bank | Portland, ME
FUNCTION: Working under the direction and guidelines established by the Director of Commercial Banking and reporting to a Commercial Banking Team Leader, the Commercial Banking Relationship Manager I is responsible for the acquisition, retention and satisfaction of a commercial client portfolio. The Commercial Banking Relationship Manager I is responsible for the achievement of a variety of portfolio and sales quotas derived from the overall strategic plans and financial objectives of Bangor Savings Bank. These plans and objectives are generally established on an annual basis. The Commercial Banking Relationship Manager I possesses an understanding of credit delivery and administration and a thorough working knowledge of Bangor Savings Banka€™s policies and procedures.
Customer / Annuity Management:
- Maintain existing client relationships through quantified contact and client satisfaction strategies.
- Proactively service and cross sell client relationships for the purpose of improving client satisfaction and generating incremental non-interest income for Bangor Savings Bank.
- Utilize and maintain the Commercial customer database as a relationship management and cross sales tool.
New Client Acquisition:
- Build network of centers of influence, community leaders, business owners and internal partners for the purpose of increasing market share through new client acquisition.
- Achieve specified and agreed upon calling goals for centers of influence, business prospects and community organizations.
- Work closely with internal product partners to deliver Commercial banking proposals to clients.
- Utilize and maintain the Commercial customer database as a tool for sales management and the coordinator of the marketing efforts of Bangor Savings Bank partners.
External Development Activities:
- Development and management of referral sources outside of Bangor Savings Bank.
- Establishment of visible presence with the assigned business community and markets served.
- Establishment and execution of specific contact strategy for referral sources and market.
- Entertain and analyze new loan requests from existing clients or prospects in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of the reasonableness of the request, the business and its visibility, and inherent risks as they pertain to credit policy.
- Establish and negotiate terms, conditions and structure of the proposed credit facility(ies).
- Coordinate and oversee the loan proposal preparation process while working with direct team members and Credit Department to ensure a timely and expedited approval.
- Oversee the loan documentation and delivery process including commitment letter preparation negotiation, and acceptance; appraisal, environmental and legal documentation and review, and the loan closing.
- Actively manages the credit risk exposure of assigned relationships.
- Maintains effective communication and information channels with clients for the collection of the appropriate and required (per BSB Loan Policy) credit related information.
- Responds proactively to changing risk profiles of credit.
- Review and respond to analysis from the Credit Department
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Typically manages 60-90 relationships
- Average portfolio size $30 MM - $50 MM
- Typical characteristics of portfolio would be those businesses requiring basic mortgage and LOC needs and who may also need a variety of other banking services including but not limited to on-line banking, payroll, and merchant services.
- Bachelora€™s degree preferred. Majors in business, finance or economics helpful.
- 2-4+years in Commercial/Business Lending experience with proven relationship management skills.
- Understanding of commercial credit delivery and related policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Demonstrated personal computer literacy.
- Ability to handle moderately complex problems with assistance from internal resources.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Previous sales experience or training.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Proactive planner and self-motivated, with good selling and business development skills.
- Drivera€™s license and transportation required.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment.
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.
- General office equipment.
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.