Commercial Lines Account Manager - Portland
United Insurance | Portland, ME
United Insurance is seeking a dynamic individual to join our agency located in Portland. To succeed in the Commercial Lines Account Manager position, applicant should be self motivated, able to multi-task, thrive in a fast paced environment, possess computer skills, enjoy working with people and have the ability to manage detailed work, while maintaining a positive attitude.
While working as a team member in the Commercial Lines Division, the Account Manager is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer service to retain established accounts and to help acquire new accounts. This includes:
- Maintaining a professional connection among clients, the agency and company underwriter.
- Manage several projects simultaneously.
- Review and process mail using personnel and procedures in place for support.
- Respond to daily telephone calls and requests for ID cards, Binders, Broker of Record request, Cancellations, and Reinstatements, for example.
- Request policy amendments.
- New business and policy renewal marketing. Includes preparation of applications, rating, forwarding to designated companies, soliciting quotations and then communicating information to the Client.
- Preparation of new business or renewal proposals and summaries as needed.
- Check monthly renewal list: includes review of renewal policies, making any changes on coverages as appropriate. Also includes follow up to the Insurance Carrier for any policies not received by renewal date.
- Manage receivables to reduce outstanding money due from Clients.
- Specialty lines of business require letters with dated response requirements.
- Work with the Accounting Dep't regarding insured billing, as well as commission errors.
We are looking for an individual who will fit with our culture, come to work with a positive attitude and understand the importance of quality customer service.
Advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
An active Maine P&C license and preferably 2+ years' experience is recommended, although consideration will be given to an unlicensed candidate. If unlicensed, it will be necessary to obtain a P&C license within 90 days of employment.
To be considered, please forward your resume and cover letter.
We provide a positive work environment, a comprehensive benefits package including PTO, paid holidays, health insurance, short and long term disability insurance, Section 125 plan, 401(k) with match and more.