Coverage Case Manager
MaineHealth Corporate |
- Position Summary
- This is a professional social services position that effectively manages and navigates the MaineCare and Health Insurance Marketplace application processes and enrollments on behalf of uninsured and underinsured individuals. The Coverage Case Manager works directly with clients to identify their eligibility for coverage programs and serves as the primary advocate for clients in all stages of the enrollment or reenrollment process (position requires in-patient screenings at the hospital). The Coverage Case Manager will collaborate daily with various departments, including the Central Billing Office, to coordinate payment for care, facilitate the exchange of necessary forms and information for the client, and connect clients to other community resources as needed. This position will also be trained as a Certified Application Counselor (CAC). This position also provides information about the CarePartners/MedAccess programs to callers and walk in inquiries and does initial eligibility screening via telephone and/or in person, schedules applicants for comprehensive CarePartners/MedAccess intake and enrollment services, or other health related services and referrals as needed and appropriate. Assists with other tasks related to enrollment, re enrollment, prescription assistance, case management, and other projects as assigned by the Program Coordinator to ensure members can access care as necessary. Provides in depth research and information for programs such as PAP, and other available community resources.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Position requires successful completion of High School Degree. Bachelors or Associate degree in Social Service or Healthcare field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of state and federal agencies, community resources, and regulations acquired through no less than 2 years of experience in social/human services, health care management or related field.
- Demonstrates a high level of analytical skills and good judgement in assessing and planning for the varying needs of clients.
- Responsible for making independent decisions of a significant nature to ensure positive outcomes for clients.
- Experience with community outreach and networking.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively, compassionately and cordially interact with the varying audiences, including clients, foreign language interpreters, health care providers, and billing associates.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills to explain policies and procedures to applicants, enrollees, providers and the general public.
- Excellent mathematical and computation skills required to prepare reports, perform calculations, and complete forms.
- Superior customer service, teamwork, resource knowledge and advocacy skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Computer competency that will enable employee to operate project's software system and meet the responsibilities of the position. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point) EPIC, and Internet usage. 13.Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Job Code: 113649
Posted On: 08/21/18
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Categories: Healthcare, Customer Service, Management
Job Type: Regular
Job Status: Full Time
Additional Contact Info