Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Custodian is responsible for the daily cleaning of public areas of the Hospital/ MOB.
The Custodian moves furniture and sets up meetings. He/she is responsible for collection of trash, recycling,linen, and biohazard waste.
- Maintain public areas (corridors, restrooms, waiting areas, meeting rooms, etc.) at a level of cleanliness in accordance with infection control standards and the guidelines set by the Department Director & Supervisor.
- Care for carpets and floors using appropriate chemicals and machines (autoscrubber, extractor, etc.) Maintain machines in good condition.
- Collect trash, linen, recyclables, and biohazard.
- Move furniture on request. Set up for meetings and functions including moving furniture, providing A/V equipment, etc.
- Able to assist or replace other staff (i.e. Team Assistants)
- Other duties as assigned
- Report to all drills and trainings as required.
Must be physically able to perform the duties. Must be able to interpret written and oral instructions. Must have a work ethic and Customer Service attitude comparable with job responsibilities. Able to operate machinery.