Custodians - 2nd and 3rd shift available
Southern Maine Community College | South Portland, ME
FULL TIME CUSTODIANS
2nd SHIFT, 3:00PM - 11:30PM, Monday - Friday
3rd SHIFT, 9:00pm - 5:30am, Monday - Friday
South Portland Campus
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include the routine cleaning of buildings and the care of surrounding grounds. Work is performed under general supervision. This position is part of the Facilities Management team during inclement weather conditions.
- One year general cleaning experience required
- High School Diploma/GED preferred
- Floor care experience to include stripping, buffing, waxing, and using auto scrubbers etc preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Duties require knowledge of building cleaning practices, methods, materials and equipment, including sanitation methods and techniques used in custodial work.
- Ability to understand and follow basic oral and written directions, and to understand and adhere to college policies, standards, procedures, equipment specifications, established work schedules and safety and health guidelines in the performance of job duties.
- Sufficient physical strength to perform a variety of routine manual tasks in the care, cleaning and general maintenance of campus buildings and equipment is essential in performing the duties of this job. Post-hire physical examination, at employer’s expense, may be required
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, fork lift, cage and other appropriate OSHA approved equipment as necessary.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSEA Support Services, Range 07
STARTING PAY: $14.07 plus $0.50/hour shift differential
BENEFIT SUMMARY: 100% employer paid health, dental and life insurance for employees (spouse/domestic partner/dependent coverage also available), vision insurance, Maine Public Employees Retirement, in lieu of social security; generous vacation/sick time allowances, 12 paid holidays, professional development, and free tuition within the MCCS for employee, spouse, and/or dependents.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants should either call 741-5826 to request an SMCC application form be mailed to them, or submit a cover letter indicating which shift they are interested in, resume and a list of three professional references to HR@smccME.edu or mail to:
Southern Maine Community College
HR Office, 2 Fort Road
South Portland, ME 04106
SMCC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer & Educational Institution