Primary Purpose of Position: The primary focus of the Data Systems Analyst position is to maintain, support and provide technical assistance for the application systems used in Energy and Housing Services. This position will be the point of contact with external software vendors, MaineHousing’s Information Technology department and Community Action Agency personnel that utilize these systems. This position will assist program managers and staff in effectively utilizing the data technology in the department. This position may require assistance in the creation of relational databases or other data tracking tools.
Education /Experience: Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant work experience or a combination of six years of education, training, experience preferred.
- Maintain and serve as Help Desk for complex reporting applications and systems, including systems associated with the following programs:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- DOE Weatherization Program
- Home Repair Program
- Lead Hazard Control Program
- Home Retro Program
- Arsenic Remediation Program
- Design, develop, maintain and test data-oriented reporting and analytical programs or systems used in the department
- Act as a liaison with IT department to report and resolve network issues and to coordinate activities requiring IT support or approval.
- Analyze users’ needs and design reporting delivery solutions and training materials to end-users, as necessary
- Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance; identify candidate hardware systems and components
- Perform Technical Review of requirements. Analyze source data and provide gap analysis
- Continually strive to improve efficiency and accuracy of EHS’s data and processes
- Develop creative ideas that have a positive impact towards achieving service excellence
- Create reports and tools that allow system users to validate their own data
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience and working knowledge of SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports and Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and Access) with strong emphasis on SQL and VBA
- Ability to define, document and validate business and technical requirements
- Support Microsoft Access based applications against Access database and SQL Server sources
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts, standards and generally accepted practices
- Ability to perform detailed analysis of complex business processes and requirements and proposes solutions
- Analyze existing Access applications and enhance as required by Business Users
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to help negotiate priorities, and to resolve conflicts among database stakeholders
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with business partners
- Experience communicating effectively in front of groups
An environmentally friendly work place with a great recycling program Free parking and access to the Rail Trail A comprehensive benefits package: medical and dental insurance for employees, and eligible dependents including domestic partner, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, long-term care, and two retirement plan options Earned Time12 Paid HolidaysJury Duty Pay Bereavement Leave Employee Assistance Program Flex-time and Telecommuting Wellness Programs Training and Professional Development Opportunities Casual Fridays
The starting salary for this position is $18.5177, plus a comprehensive benefits package as listed above.