Director, Business Development & Marketing
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingOverview
Develop and Implement the marketing strategies and business development activities for the Armaments and Platform Systems Strategic Business Unit (SBU) relative to Remote Weapon Station and Platform System pursuit activities. Owns, directs, manages, tracks, and coordinates all subsequent orders activities and requirements. Responsible for developing and executing marketing programs in support of business and corporate financial objectives. Responsible for identifying new and innovative opportunities and business development activities for both core and non-core product lines.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Develop sales / marketing plans, and long term strategic planning.
Participate in multiple, complex, and concurrent proposal / white paper response efforts in response to major business opportunities for GD-OTS Armament and Platform Systems SBU. Establish proposal requirements, schedules, and responsibilities as needed to ensure responsive and timely proposal submissions. Support Program Management group on major acquisition programs in the proper execution of proposal development activities.
- Maintain broad contacts within the private and US Government, as well as international, sectors, at senior executive levels and below, to ensure an effective communication network exists between GD-OTS and our current, as well as potential, customers/suppliers. Ensures a continual and constructive dialogue within domestic, and international, customer communities that provides for effectual exposures of GD-OTS's current and developing capabilities. Responsible for compiling and translating market intelligence to appraise executive management of future product, customer, and market developments.
- Designs, develops, and executes comprehensive marketing strategies aimed at positioning GD-OTS with new business opportunities for Armament and Platform Systems SBU. Develops insightful profile of customer requirements, funding sources, and programmatic issues to provide decision support to executive management. Establishes overall business strategy and course of action to secure targeted sales. Overall strategies entail the guiding of product developments, resource planning, and key marketing interactions to ensure a thorough and successful business development approach.
- Directs the efforts of multiple, concurrent business capture teams. Actively participates in the planning and execution of routine marketing activities while ensuring adherence to the overall business strategies and goals of the division. Coordinates diverse marketing activities in such a manner that enables a synergistic approach and eliminates redundancy of efforts.
- Responsible for supporting individual product line business teams with marketing and business planning expertise, including all aspects of competitive analysis. Participate in Business Team meetings and provide pertinent briefings and/or analyses as required.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining business relations with partners / suppliers participating with GD-OTS in critical business ventures. Seek out and develops creative teaming opportunities that enable GD-OTS to participate in new markets. Facilitate the development, staffing, and execution of teaming agreements both domestic and international. Participate in negotiating teaming provisions and maintaining indirect oversight of the legal compliance thereof.
- Direct marketing efforts relating to the exploitation of new markets within specified marketing regions to include international. Maintains continual assessment of domestic market, and international in support of the Director of International Business Development, conditions and opportunities that represent new business potential for GD-OTS. Stays abreast of global business, financial, and political climates in order to fully evaluate attributes of key market segments.
- Responsible for identifying new and innovative business opportunities, which are outside existing, core product lines. Manages all aspects of market research, provides input to proper product development, IRAD and B&P utilization, and business planning activities required to ensure successful market entry.
- Responsible for passing potential business opportunities identified to the appropriate individual within GD-OTS's SBU's, as well as sister divisions of General Dynamics.
- Responsible for managing relations with the government and commercial, domestic and international, in the servicing of existing programs. Maintains a direct liaison with all pertinent GD-OTS customers, at all levels.
- Actively participate in supporting the development of an effective marketing communications program for GD-OTS. Assist in the design and fabrication of marketing flyers, product brochures, product models, various advertisements and news releases for the APS SBU.
- Assist in identifying corporate acquisition candidates.
- Facilitates customer / partner visits to GD-OTS facilities.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; fifteen related years of marketing/ business development, program management, government business development and ten to fifteen years of relevant and staff management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of weaponeering, employment of strategic and/or tactical systems as well as military munitions / platform interface requirements.
- Strong computer skills, administrative data control, scheduling and team interface.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and teamwork; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; manages competing demands while meeting commitments.
- Works within the highest level of integrity, ethics and safety.
- Operates under limited direction and exercises independent judgment.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.