Director of Operations
Pro Search, Inc. | Portland, ME
Our client, a parts and service company in the Greater Portland area, is seeking an experienced Director of Operations to add to their team.
The Director of Operations will report to the President and will work closely with the Executive Vice President and Vice President of Operations.
- Manage all operations for the Service, Parts and Production Departments in Maine, and coordinate with the Vice President of Operations and Operations Manager to ensure smooth workflow and service quality.
- Work with the rest of the senior management team to ensure smooth processes, update policies, create and maintain excellent customer relationships, and provide high-quality service.
- Develop and direct the implementation of skilled technical jobs and assure that that service and repairs are performed correctly, efficiently and safely.
- Direct and supervise the activities of the operations group to achieve preset performance levels in terms of quantity and quality of work produced, including onsite training, scheduling, establishing goals, standards and evaluations. This includes supervisory management of the Purchasing, Production, Parts, Service and Shop Foreman personnel.
- Review all current operational procedures and work to maximize the efficiency of the facility as well as the management of materials and supplies.
- Work with the Parts Manager to supervise the inventory control system and year-end reconciliation.
- Work with the Safety Director to oversee the implementation of safety policies, rules and regulations for both Sales and Service.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to ensure all company equipment and vehicles are maintained as required and downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Work with Business Administrative Manager on any capital investment requests, including research and analysis of potential purchases.
- Track productivity for labor and material costs, using the company’s financial accounting software, and provide regular updates to the executive managers.
- Ensure accurate paper flow and record keeping throughout departments.
- Review monthly financial statements and assist in developing the operations department’s annual budget.
- Establish and implement production/service goals and corporate objectives.
- Ensure that the Sales and Production Departments submit accurate unit/service work order quote packets to maximize workflow efficiency.
- Develop relationships with key customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing or technical environment; 5+ years of experience in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Business Management preferred)
- Understanding of mechanical systems
- Computer skills including Microsoft Suite; other data and report driven software a plus
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing practices
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of staff types, ranging from mechanics to executives
- Strategic thinker with a proactive mindset
Successful candidates will have experience in a service-oriented environment with strong attention to detail and the ability to drive processes. Strong communication skills and the ability to mentor and motivate staff is essential.
Salary will depend on experience and will include full benefits.
Candidates meeting our client’s requirements will be contacted directly all other applicants will be considered for future opportunities. We do not share resumes with client companies without applicant consent.
Pro Search is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As such, it is our policy to follow a concept of non-discrimination in the hiring and promotion of employees without regard to their race, religion, sex, age, color, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran or handicapped status