Director of Revenue Cycle
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
Mid Coast - Parkview Health is seeking a Director of Revenue Cycle for Mid Coast Hospital. The position is responsible for the leadership of the revenue cycle function(s) to ensure maximization of revenue and cash flow while maintaining the highest levels of patient, physician and employee satisfaction. This includes oversight of all business related functions of the patient visit from point of entry to accurate adjudication of patients' accounts.
Mid Coast-Parkview Health is committed to offering competitive benefits that focus on the health and well-being of you and your family- now and well into the future. We offer eligible employees health, dental and vision coverage with low premium cost and coverage options. Benefits are available the first of the month following your date of hire. Other benefits offered are: 401k retirement, employer paid life insurance, earned time, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, employee wellness rewards, employee fitness, as well as other voluntary employee benefits.
- Oversee the operation and staff for registration functions (e.g. pre-registration, benefit verification, preauthorization, admission/registration, service pre-payment, etc.) to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard.
- Oversee the operation and staff for the effectiveness of billing functions (e.g. claims processing, professional coding and charge entry, charge master maintenance, cash posting, customer service, collections, A/R management work flows, and the pre-service center) to ensure better performer status in these benchmarks are consistently met.
- Oversee the operation and staff of Mid Coast Hospital Switchboard Department to ensure smooth communication with switchboard operations, emergency responses and alarms.
- Oversee the annual compliance auditing program for the hospital and medical offices in accordance with the audit programs established.
- Develop revenue cycle metrics and reporting system to monitor revenue cycle areas. Communicate key metrics related to practice performance, including: registration accuracy, denials and rejection metrics, charge accuracy, adjustment and payment analysis and accounts receivable metrics.
- Identify and implement process improvement that improves the patient experience and/or improve costs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Certified in area related to the revenue cycle operations. For example; American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), certification from the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) or certification from the American Association of Health Administrative Management (AAHAM)
- Ten or more years' experience in healthcare setting, demonstrating progressive responsibility and/or leadership