Document Imaging Tech I - Health Information Management
Maine Medical Center | Scarborough, ME
- Position Summary
- The Health Information Document Imager I performs health information activities necessary to scan, index and validate electronic and paper records. This position is responsible for the retrieval, preparation, review and accurate scanning and indexing of medical record documents into the electronic medical record. Will ensure adherence to scanning policies and procedures. Will maintain a positive working relationship with other departments and provider practices.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- At least one year of prior experience in a healthcare related setting or experience with Health Information Management preferred.
- Previous EPIC or EMR experience preferred
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to operate multiple integrated software applications, and other programs to include resources and e-mail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, multitask ,problem solve and prioritize work with strict attention to detail
- Computer and keyboarding skills Knowledge of medical terminology preferred