Waldo Community Action Partners | Brunswick, ME
General Scope of Duties:
Drivers (Bus Driver, Van Driver, Car Driver, and Substitute Drivers) are responsible for picking up and discharging passengers according to trip assignments. Responsible for passenger safety and vehicle maintenance.
- Must have adequate transportation, a valid driver's license and meet WCAP's insurance requirements.
- Must meet WCAP’s background clearance and physical examination requirements.
- Must be willing to submit to drug testing.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least one year of prior public transportation experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must be familiar with State and Federal regulations.
- Participate in the following trainings: CPR, First Aid, Passenger Assistance Techniques, Wheel Chair Lift Operation, Communication, DHHS Child Transport, Securing Child Car Seat, Wheel Chair Tie Down, Defensive Driving, Customer Service, Diversity and Emergency Evacuation Procedures.
- Must be familiar with Region 5 area.
The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated
A detailed job description is available on our website: www.waldocap.org. Please submit a completed WCAP employment application also available on our website to: Human Resources, WCAP, PO Box 130, Belfast, ME 04915. This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is found. WCAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.