Cozy Harbor Seafood | Portland, ME
Cozy Harbor Seafood, a leader in the seafood processing industry and winner of the "Excellence Global Award" at the 2017 Brussels Seafood Show for Best Retail Product and Seafood Product Line, is seeking a Equipment Mechanic / Technician. The Tech is responsible for the daily inspection, preventative maintenance and repair/replacement of seafood processing equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but not limited to:
1. Perform scheduled inspections and preventative maintenance on production and facility equipment.
2. Operate a variety of machines/equipment (including but not limited to: metal-working tools, such as saws, milling machines, drill press, brake, electrical/electronic diagnostics, various measuring devices for flow of liquids and gases) to repair and/or replace production equipment during production.
3. Disassemble and repair equipment and parts, using hand tools and power tools.
4. Inspect parts to determine whether parts are salvagable and method of repairing machinery and/or reworking parts.
5. Ability to diagnose, determine, and order various parts, equipment, and supplies in the performance of duties.
6. Verify dimensions and tolerances, using blueprints, scale and precision-measuring instruments.
7. Maine State Boiler Operator's license license required.
8. PLC knowledge (Allen-Bradley preferred); systems schematics, and fabrication knowledge required.
9. Off shift work and weekend scheduling required according to business needs. Long work days in a wet environment.
10. Must have reliable transportation in order to work in off-site processing facilities thru out Portland.
Ideal candidate will possess at least three (3) or more years maintenance experience repairing equiment in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC / Control Systems required. Previous experience in a food processing environment is preferred. Ability to work independently and also with a team is essential.
High school diploma or GED. Certification or Associates Degree in maintenance or electronics/electrical trades a plus.
Hourly Rate Range. $18 - $22