Executive Administrative Assistant
Maine Quality Counts | Augusta, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingSUMMARY OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
The executive administrative assistant is a highly skilled administrative professional who provides a wide range of support services to the Executive Director and the Senior Director of Operations of Maine Quality Counts. The Directors have a very demanding schedule and the job of the assistant is to ease the workload by taking on most of the administrative duties, leaving the executives to focus on decision making.
Salary/Hourly Rate of Pay: This is a full-time, hourly position.
Hours:40 hours per week
Accountability: Reports to the Senior Director of Operations
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior level administrative assistant or office manager; or 2+ years as an executive administrative assistant; preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly Word and Excel, Adobe, ability to design and maintain databases.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; must be able to accurately create spreadsheets, presentations and correspondence with tremendous attention to detail. Must have advanced skills in editing content of various forms.
- Responsible for coordinating projects that may involve working with all levels of external and internal management and staff.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, changing demands and competing deadlines.
- Prior work experience with a high-level of professionalism where absolute confidentiality of sensitive information, discretion, tact, and sound judgement were required.
- Flexible and able to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong decision making skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be efficient, organized and resourceful.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
- Perform high-level administrative activities in support of designated senior management position.
- Interact daily with staff at all levels.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of internal processes and systems as assigned; providing ideas on what may be needed to streamline activities.
- Manage logistics and assist in preparing meeting materials as needed for Board of Directors, ensuring appropriate preparations are made; assist as needed in board-related activities.
- Proactively handles the workflow through the office of the Senior Director of Operations and Executive Director; maintaining schedule, etc.; coordinate and prioritize daily appointments and business obligations.
- Assesses and addresses tasks that do not require the personal attention of supervisor (mail, external inquires and requests).
- Performs other related functions delegated or assigned.
Work Environment: The primary location of this position is in Manchester in a typical office environment. However, the responsibilities may require running errands, traveling to Quality Counts facilities, meetings, conferences, trainings, etc., that require an individual to be in various public places. Note: Maine Quality Counts has a fragrance-free policy consistent with many other healthcare settings.
Maine Quality Counts is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, or sexual orienta