Experienced Color Matcher
Compounding Solutions LLC | Lewiston, ME
Compounding Solutions, a manufacturer of plastic compounds for both the Medical Device Industry as well as non-medical, is currently looking for an experienced Color Matcher to work in our QC /RD Department. Responsibilities include the determination of the color formulation for new plastic compounds and concentrates as well as handling color corrections on existing work. Familiarity with a spectrophotometer, color matching and correction software is a plus (Datacolor 650/Match Pigment).
Additional responsibilities will include R&D and Quality support, as well as the following
- Testing of products being developed includes but is not limited to: spectroscopy, FTIR analysis, physical properties (tensile, flex, tear), density, melt flow index, rheometry, impact resistance, abrasion resistance, coefficient of friction, ash content, hardness, etc.
- Persistent work ethic and interest in projects to the point where the employee stays involved with multiple projects at a time and follows each task through to completion
- Organizing collected data so it can be easily reviewed and so that it contains all the necessary information
- Attention to detail will be important to ensure that all specifications are met for a particular product
- Willingness to follow directions, ask questions, offer relevant information, and maintain positive relationships with other employees
- BS in Engineering (Chemical, Plastics, Material or Color Science Engineer) or other related degree
- Ideal candidate should have prior experience in color matching of plastics with some experience working in a lab environment.
- Understanding of scientific methods, the importance of proper documentation (proper records of lab equipment utilized, sample preparation procedures, testing conditions, etc.), and design experiments
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
Life, STD & LTD Insurance (100% Company paid)
Holidays & PTO