Maine Drilling & Blasting | Gardiner, ME
Maine Drilling & Blasting is seeking safety-conscious, experienced Drillers to work on construction and quarry sites throughout Maine, with travel to New Hampshire as business demands. . Prior drilling experience is required to qualify for these opportunities. Must be willing to travel as needed.
* Follow Safety Policies and Procedures
* Perform daily maintenance activities required for safe, efficient operation of assigned equipment
* Understand different drill patterns and terminology then execute drill pattern and layout as established by the Blaster Foreman
* Maximize the usage of all drill supplies
* Inventory accessories, understand cost of accessories, maintenance drill accessories
* Communicate problems and terrain conditions to the Blasting Supervisor
* Understand the Field Accounting system and be able to accurately complete and submit timely drill reports, hole sheets, and signed timecards
* Physical agility
* Participate in meetings: Foreman's, safety, job specific, daily heads-up
* Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining efficiency and safe work practices
* Complete Driller I and Driller II training certifications
* Other duties as assigned
Maine Drilling & Blasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Join the Employer of Choice.
* Must have hydraulic equipment operating experience
* Valid Driver's License with own reliable transportation, must be a truck.
* Must have personal cell phone for communications
* One year experience in the construction industry
* Experience as a construction laborer
* Must hold a high level of common sense relative to equipment and machinery operation
* Mechanical aptitude based on past experience around equipment, motors, hydraulic, electrical systems, desired
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
* Must successfull complete background screening for ATFPhysical Requirements
* Ability to perform essential functions of the position
* Ability to lift 50 - 100 lbs., 30 - 40% of the time
* Stooping and bending 30 - 40% of the time
* Work on uneven and loose surfaces in varying weather environments
Competitive Salary and Compensation Package, including Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) Plan with Company Match, Health, Dental, and Vision Plans, Company-Provided Life Insurance, Optional Short/Long Term Disability Plans, Bonus Programs, and more.