Planson International | New Gloucester, ME
For 25+ years Planson International has worked with the United Nations, US Government, USAID, NGO, World Bank, and private sector clients to supply and support cutting-edge information technology to over 150 countries.
We currently have an opening for a Finance Assistant to support our AP and AR departments at our headquarters in New Gloucester. We seek a candidate who thrives on meticulous details, organizing, working in a multi-cultural environment and doing it all with a smile. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who excels in a fast paced environment and likes to work independently as well as collaborating on a team. The ideal applicant would embody Planson’s core values: integrity, teamwork, purpose, professionalism and fun, which led to Planson International’s selection as one of the Best Places to Work in Maine for 2017.
Specific job duties may include, but will not be limited to the following;
- Maintains and processes multi-currency AP invoices
- Processes customer invoices upon confirmation of goods shipment
- Processes vendor payments upon confirmation of goods receipt
- Correspond with customers and answer questions about invoices
- Sorts credit card charges and enters transactions into NetSuite
- Monitors and approves travel expense reports
- Assist with inventory tracking
- Collaborate with our bookkeeper in our Denmark office and sales teams
- Maintain and reconcile various reports and accounts
- Assist with closing books
Candidate must have an Associate’s degree in accounting or equivalent bookkeeping experience. Proficiency with MS Excel and multi-currency transactions a plus. Experience with NetSuite or other ERP would be beneficial but not required. Excellent communication and customer service skills compulsory.
In addition to a friendly, dynamic work environment Planson International offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including affordable health insurance, dependent and medical flexible spending accounts, company sponsored life and long term disability plans, a short term disability plan, a voluntary dental plan, a paid time off plan, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401(k) plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE) and Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB).
For immediate consideration email your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please note that the cover letter and salary expectations are required elements of this hiring process.
Planson International conducts post-offer criminal background checks.