General Manager Retail Lumber & Building Materials - Bridgton
Hancock Lumber Company | Bridgton, ME
Our Retail General Manager is responsible for actively managing one of our retail facilities to maximize productivity, drive revenue, deliver excellent customer service, and profitability.
Position responsibilities include:
- Manage the facility within company accepted practices to include sales growth, operational excellence and managed expense control.
- Support company goals, policies, sales and marketing objectives.
- Energize team members to provide high quality, cost efficient, customer-directed service.
- Maximize customer satisfaction while developing long-term business relationships.
- Understand competitors’ approach to and positioning in the market.
- Meet performance standards and metrics for retail group.
- Successful history of supervision with emphasis on engaging team with respectful and inclusive style
- Solid lumber & building material industry experience
- Operations and sales management experience
- Outstanding people skills with respectful management style
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written Customer Service driven Decision making skills with excellent judgment
- Must have proven effectiveness as a leader with skills and desire to empower the team to achieve results Proficient with computers
- Energetic leader who can motivate staff with regards to a spirit of cooperation with multi location business
Hancock Lumber Co. also offers a very competitive benefits package including 401(k) plan with company match, health, dental and vision insurance as well as vacation, holiday, and sick time.
Business/Management degree preferred.
LBM industry experience required.