MaineHousing | Augusta, ME
Primary Purpose of Position: The Grants Coordinator will oversee and coordinate the financial administration, monitoring, general accounting, collection and reporting of financial data and federal grants of homeless programs.
Education /Experience: An Associate’s degree and two years experience in administering government-funded programs or a combination of four years of equivalent experience, training and education preferred.
- Coordinate the annual grant budgets with Finance
- Oversee payment process for all invoices, which includes allocating to the correct grant(s).
- Track income and expenditures for each grant, coordinating with and advising Finance when/how to draw down state & federal funds.
- Calculate shelter and program payments based upon established funding methodology and resource allocations.
- Ensure disbursement of quarterly payments to providers, monthly payments to landlords and yearly IRS 1099 requirements.
- Track and ensure funding allocations for all programs are within budget (working with Finance, Elite, IDIS and AOD), including Federal financial reporting (425 Report).
- Create provider budgets, invoices and track to ensure funding allocations of sub-grantees are within approved budgets.
- Compile all financial reports for federal and state funding including department and program evaluation reports
- Coordinate and submit match requirement data to HUD & DHHS.
Program Administration, Monitoring, Communication & Outreach
- Conduct monitoring reviews of homeless providers consistent with various federal and state program requirements, including shelter desk audits.
- Monitoring reviews include pre-audit tasks, data review, onsite and teleconferencing, written reports and follow-up as needed.
- Provides ongoing outreach, technical assistance and coaching for providers to maintain support and understanding of programs.
- Develop and provide periodic and annual financial and monitoring trainings for providers.
- Reconcile and audit quarterly invoices for shelter payments
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and utilize creative and analytical skills to resolve issues
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with business partners
- Experience communicating effectively in front of groups
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, listening
The starting hourly rate for this position is $18.5177, plus a comprehensive benefits package.