Group Exercise Instructor
Auburn-Lewiston YMCA | Auburn, ME
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingDescription
The YMCA of Auburn-Lewiston is looking for group exercise instructors who can provide an excellent class experience for our members while creating a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement. Classes currently offered at the YMCA are: Step, Cycling, Zumba, Tabata, Boot Camp, Group Power by Mossa, Group Active by Mossa, Pilates, and Yoga.
If you certified in any of these programs and have a desire to help individuals meet or exceed their personal wellness goals while delivering a high-value experience, we would love to have you join our team!
Must be available to teach evenings and weekends.
* Lead group classes, as directed by supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals
* Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds and various fitness levels
* Build effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA
* Maintains working knowledge of wellness trends to provide effective information support to members
* Provide instruction to members on fitness and well-being
* Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations
* Attend all staff meetings, trainings and other YMCA functions as required
• Auburn-Lewiston YMCA Membership; 50% off program fees.
Education: National certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM, ACSM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification preferred
Experience: Knowledge of fitness, personal training and/or group exercise instruction
Training: CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required (YMCA will provide)
Next to the County Courthouse