HEAP Program Officer
MaineHousing | Augusta, ME
Primary Purpose of Position: The HEAP Program Officer (Compliance and Fraud Monitoring) is responsible for assisting in the overall design and implementation of the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and Low Income Assistance Program (LIAP) programs. Primary responsibilities include monitoring of CAA performance, investigating program complaints and fraud allegations and coordinating the Fair Hearing process.,
Education /Experience: A Bachelor’s Degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of seven years of experience, training, and independent study preferred.
- Schedules and performs program monitoring of CAAs
- Perform program and administrative monitoring of 9 CAAs.
- Pre-monitoring preparation, three day visit at the agency and drafting report.
- Assists in or Conducts Vendor audits as necessary
- Handles program complaints and fraud allegations
- Investigates allegations of program abuse and fraud
- Researches and resolves client complaints
- Documents results of research and concludes to program objectives
- Coordinates and manages the Fair Hearing Process
- Maintain and track fair hearing request.
- Investigate and review the validity of request.
- Process request through to resolution.
- Prepares correspondence as assigned.
- Assist in the design and implementation of HEAP and LIAP
- Assists in drafting new policies, contracts, program guidance, grant applications, and training programs for HEAP.
- Work with partners and stakeholders to design and implement the programs.
- Provides and conduct training of HEAP and LIAP.
- Prepare responses to customer/partner correspondence
- Receives and responds to calls/complaints from customers and partners.
- Assist in research of potential cases of program abuse - reported or identified through the payment review process.
- Cross trained in all programs to provide program support
- Acts are backup for other programs and program officers at same level.
The starting hourly rate of this position is $18.5177, plus a comprehensive benefits package.