Hand Weavers (Manufacturing / Production Worker) (FMI)
FIBER MATERIALS INC. | Biddeford, ME
Hand weavers are required to support manufacturing and process requirements in the weaving department. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 7AM - 3:30PM or 8AM - 4:30PM (40 hours / week). Overtime, when available, will be paid 1.5x hourly rate after 40 hours worked. Starting pay will be $14.50 / hour.
- Must be able to stand for periods of time, perform repetitive hand weaving tasks including using tools and applying physical force to weaving fixtures.
- Make needles, spools, and perform associated utility jobs.
- Inspect products to ensure that specifications are met.
- Duties may include loom set-up, rodding, weaving functions, documentation updates, in-process compressions, and frame installation.
- Previous weaving, needlework skills or needlepoint are a plus, but we are willing to train.
- Air conditioned area.
- Must wear safety shoes and safety eyewear.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Supports, cooperates with, and participates in company-wide Lean improvement initiatives