Health Information Representative II
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Health Information Representative II performs all the functions of Health Information Representative I: performs a wide range of duties and administrative tasks for the Finance/Health Information and Intake departments. Duties involve patient's electronic medical record - processing, completion, scanning, efaxing, supply ordering, monthly closing, releases, retrieval, record maintenance, working with insurance authorization specialist, and cross trained to cover administrative/receptionist. This position involves maintaining physician orders patient needs, manager expectations, and individual clinician needs in order to ensure continuity of care.
In addition, the Rep II will take on higher level responsibilities which may include back up to Supervisor, knowledge of scheduling, training, process development, and other duties as requested.
- Admits clients and tracks in software system
- Maintains tracking for the facilities, Hospice, and annual consents
- Processes discharges by performing chart analysis in Docutrack and Clinidoc
- Utilizes Docutrack for scanning/filling orders, records, etc.,
- Releases work with QI Manager to process all requests
- Identify trends in issues with clinician paperwork that could cause missed or delayed payments. Meets with the managers to discuss findings and offer solutions
- Runs batch of clinical computer data daily and reviews all orders processed for accurate distribution of information for Oasis and billing
- Works with coder to insure all Oasis are coded and processed
- Processes non-admit/non-accepts into software system
- Maintains running scripts and daily/monthly reports
- Processes POC and CTI's for Hospice, working with Hospice Medical Director to ensure completion of all hospice requirements
- Maintains "Hot Line" for distribution of information
- Maintains and monitors the efaxing system
- Works with health information supervisor, finance\health information manager and clinical managers to close month's end
- Handles faxing and medication list for clinicians
- Assembles charts that includes new admissions and orientation
- Assist Intake with processing incoming faxes, scan referrals, hourly retrieval, orders, and referrals
- Works with insurance authorization to address problems and resolve issues
- Processes all clinicians/clients' records for billing
- Makes all corrections in system relating to authorization and payer changes
- Corrects and resubmits Oasis transmission errors. Works with Lead Biller.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of Information & Clinical systems
- Excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft office
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Minimum one year prior clerical experience in a medical setting
- Able to word process and use a personal computer
- Able to type at least 50 wpm accurately; excellent data entry skills; neat handwriting.