Homeless Program Officer
MaineHousing | Augusta, ME
Primary Purpose of Position: The Homeless Program Officer will be responsible for guiding and overseeing all aspects of various state and federal homeless initiative programs that provide support for people who are homeless.
Education /Experience: A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in administering government-funded programs or a combination of six years of equivalent experience, training and education preferred.
Certifications / Licenses: A valid driver’s license or the ability to reach off-site meetings as needed. Housing Quality Standards and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist Certifications preferred.
Program Administration, Monitoring, Communication & Outreach
- Perform monitoring reviews of homeless providers consistent with various federal and state program requirements.
- Monitoring reviews include pre-audit tasks, data review, onsite and teleconferencing, written reports and follow-up as needed.
- Provides ongoing outreach, technical assistance and coaching for providers to maintain support and understanding of programs.
- Process housing subsidy applications with the Stability through Engagement Program (STEP).
- Coordinate and conduct required monitoring with Emergency Shelter and Housing Assistance Program (ESHAP) grantees.
- Conduct informal reviews and coordinate hearing procedures.
- Respond to requests for information to internal and external partners.
- Educate all MaineHousing homeless providers & partners about www.MaineHousingsSearch.org to assist clients in housing search.
- Ensure FedHome, ESG & State compliance and monitoring process.
- Provide information and technical assistance on Federal and state regulations and requirements.
- Provide technical assistance internally on changes in HUD and other Federal and state requirements related to homeless program requirements.
- Conduct internal program compliance; monitor and review process and update procedure guides.
Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills using various software (spreadsheet, word processing, database)
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with business partners
- Experience communicating effectively in front of groups
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, listening
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and utilize creative and analytical skills to resolve issues
The starting hourly rate for this position is $18.5177