Homeless Project Coordinator
MaineHousing | Augusta, ME
Primary Purpose of Position: The Homeless Project Coordinator will oversee the day to day operation of the Coordinated Entry System (CES), and provide project oversight and compliance monitoring. The position will work with the Maine Continuum of Care (MCoC), and the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) system to coordinate homeless planning efforts, activities, and projects for the Homeless Initiatives Department.
Education /Experience: Education in public administration or related field and four years of experience in project management, facilitation, and data evaluation and reporting or a combination of education, training and experience preferred.
Oversee the day-to-day Coordinated Entry System structures
- Assist Homeless Initiatives and the MCoC in refining the evolving Coordinated Entry planning efforts in Maine
- Review Maine Coordinated Entry System (MCES) policies and procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and work with the MCOC governance documents and standards, applicable Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) governance documents and standards, and HMIS governance documents, policies and procedures manuals, and standards
- Facilitate various committees and forums to coordinate referrals and review the coordinated entry process. This could include case conferences; meetings of assessors to coordinate referrals; project management meetings with agency supervisors to discuss operations, performance, and monitoring; and policy meetings with agency leadership and other MCoC and community stakeholders
- Assist in the development and administration of the grievance and appeal process Assist in the development and coordination of mandatory CES training
Develop standardized screening and assessment processes
- Work with external providers, and HMIS when applicable, to develop and monitor the use of standardized forms for each step of the coordinated entry process
- Provide technical assistance and training on the prioritization process once established.
Monitor and Evaluate the System-Level processes of Coordinated Entry
- Oversee the CE process to ensure it is functioning as planned and system efficiency goals are achieved Provide compliance monitoring and work with the MCoC to ensure all participants are following policies and procedures, including:
- Analyze and produce reports on participant status and outcome reports from HMIS or other CE data systems to assess system performance
- Assist and support the CoC in their effort to solicit feedback from participating projects and from participants.
Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong project management, time management, and organizations skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and utilize creative and analytical skills to resolve issues
- Strong skills based on emotional intelligence, commitment, and integrity
- Able to build consensus, inspire, influence and enable others to achieve goals
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with external partners
- Strong facilitation skills and experience communicating effectively in front of groups
The starting hourly rate for this position is $23.8903, plus a great benefits package! Please visit our website at www.mainehousing.org/careers.