IT Technology Consultant 100% Employee Owned Company!
Systems Engineering, Inc. | Portland, ME
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to deliver engineering excellence and superior customer service.
We have immediate availability for a Technology Consultant to join our growing Advisory Services team. Our Technology Consultants work with clients throughout Maine and New Hampshire to deliver professional consultative services in a variety of areas, including technology strategy, information security, compliance, risk management, business continuity, and IT best practices.
- Provide strategic CIO level consultation to clients taking a strong leadership role to facilitate the development of critical business documents and policies.
- Assemble, analyze, and deliver comprehensive IT assessments and make appropriate recommendations. Provide guidance and context in prioritizing and determining complexity of cultural and technological problems.
- Identify and communicate recommended security and business continuity controls, plans, and deficiencies for clients
- Develop and maintain information security, acceptable use, and mobile device policies for clients. Facilitate the creation and maintenance of business continuity plans, risk assessments, and help identify compliance gaps.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or similar with 5-10 years progressive experience. CISSP or similar preferred.
- 1-3 years consulting experience strongly preferred, previous experience working with “C-suite” also preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security suite highly desired.
- Must be an excellent written and oral communicator with strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience with HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, and/or NIST compliance a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational, negotiation, and management abilities.
- Must be customer oriented, results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative solutions.
Employee owned and proud! Located in the heart of the Old Port, Systems Engineering, voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work in 2017, is a company that takes care of its employees:
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Generous 401k matching contribution (50% on the first 6%)
- Dynamic, fun company culture
- 3 weeks PTO, 7 holidays and 2 optional holidays annually
- Medical and dental insurance
- Company provided Life, Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid parking
- Business casual work attire
Systems Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.