Intake/Scheduling Support Specialist
Mid Coast Parkview Health | Brunswick, ME
The Intake/Scheduling Specialist facilitates the intake process in the department by ensuring that patient referral information is obtained, entered, and prioritized efficiently for the home care and hospice programs.
This position also organizes patient visits for CHANS professional and paraprofessional staff to ensure that patient visits to the home are timely, appropriate and compliant with state and federal regulations. The Intake/Scheduling Specialist is responsible for the ongoing seamless operation for patient visits that are time sensitive, added, deleted, or postponed and to effectively communicate changes quickly to patients, staff, and clinical managers.
- Navigates multiple EMR and software programs to obtain referral information and enter into CHANS EMR for processing.
- Receives and responds to incoming calls from referral sources on potential patients about CHANS home health and hospice services.
- Transcribes physician orders for medications and treatments into referral module in EMR.
- Communicates and coordinates with staff from all departments when necessary to complete the referral process.
- Processes and transcribes patient information for referral entry and responds to electronic platforms, faxed or phone referrals.
- Assigns the primary clinician to each case when it is received from intake.Maintains professional relationships and supportive behavior to all internal and external contacts.
- Cooperates among intake, scheduling, clinical, and liaison staff to meet patient needs and expectations for home health and hospice services.
- Runs daily, weekly and assigned reports and follows up as directed by manager.
- Participates in agency/department activities/meetings as directed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of customers both internal and external.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee and agency matters.
- Ability to be an influencer.
- Exceptional customer service skills even under stressful circumstances; projects a concerned and professional attitude at all times.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills- detailed oriented and able to create buy-in.
- Thrives in a fast paced environment; high energy.
- Able to effectively deal with change.
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence in conversion of all accepted referrals.
- Ability to handle a variable workload based on referral patterns.
- Excellent computer and technology skills.