Internal Audit Manager
One of New England’s strongest financial institutions is seeking an Internal Audit Manager. The Internal Audit Manager assists the SVP of Internal Audit and is a key driver and contributor to the successful completion of the Internal Audit Plan.
- Perform financial, operational and compliance audits.
- Utilize a risk-based approach to plan, develop audit programs and prioritize audit work.
- Review deliverables from outsourced auditors such as audit plans, programs, reports, and work papers.
- Enhance, implement and maintain the Bank’s audit process, standards, procedures and methodology.
- Work with business area management to ensure audit issues are Analyze and monitor the remediation of audit findings.
- Assist the External Auditors on agreed upon audit procedures.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in banking or financial services, in an internal audit/control/compliance capacity, or a combination thereof.
- Experience evaluating and testing internal controls in support of Sarbanes Oxley compliance strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Ability to foster a collaborative environment and build trust across the organization.
- Demonstrated high level of personal integrity.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust offers a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick time, incentives, wellness program, and continuing education benefits.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability and Protected Veteran.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply online at https://www.bhbt.com.