Rangeley Building & Remodeling | Rangeley, ME
Job Description: Lead Carpenter
We are a design/build, new construction and remodeling contractor specializing in vacation homes in Western Maine. We’ve been in business for 20 years in the area and currently have a group of 16 employees.
If you love the lakes, mountains and being outdoors in Western Maine and live or wish to live near the Farmington, Belgrade, Rangeley or Sugarloaf areas, have great leadership skills and a passion for construction please talk to us about our lead carpenter opportunity.
Read about us at www. Rangeleybuilders.com and tell us about your background and passion in relation to what we do. Thank You!
RANGELEY BUILDING & REMODELINGS PURPOSE AND MISSION:
- Provide people that love Maine a place to enjoy for generations! Our process is a simple, pleasant experience with great design, high quality work, fast, first class service and efficiency, before, during and after construction.
- We will provide employees excellent pay, benefits and a positive atmosphere with the tools, equipment, resources and the freedom to succeed.
RANGELEY BUILDING & REMODELINGS VISION:
- Many talented, knowledgeable, competent people involved in the business & construction industry working together to provide excellence for people seeking a 2nd home vacation getaway.
- We are financially sound, have the latest systems and equipment to produce quality work simply and efficiently. This insures our employees job security with no layoffs.
RANGELEY BUILDING & REMODELINGS VALUES:
- Excellent work ethic
- Honesty and integrity
- Quality minded
- Serve others
- Positive fun-loving attitude
- Responsible urgency
OBJECTIVES OF LEAD CARPENTERS:
- Perform carpentry work at the highest level.
- Supervise laborers, apprentice carpenters, carpenters and subcontractors including participating in performance reviews. Make work assignments and monitor quality.
- Serve our clients: The client is where all paychecks come from. All employees should be respectful to the customers. Show good manners, be helpful whenever possible.
• Carpentry services including and not limited to: framing of floors, walls and roofs.
Installation of doors and windows, siding, roofing, interior and exterior trim, decks,
porches, interior wall and ceiling coverings, insulation, cabinets, counters, flooring
and stairs. Interior trim and millwork, log work.
- Training carpenters.
• Expedite timely completion of work to maintain schedule and budget goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS OF LEAD CARPENTERS:
- Must have a license and vehicle. Preferably a dependable pickup truck to be able to be used for transport of tools and equipment and occasionally materials. (Material should be ordered and delivered by suppliers as much as possible). Delivery is free. It costs the company money each time someone makes a lumber run. (We cover fuel costs for personal vehicles).
- Jobsites should always be clean. It is the responsibility of all employees to keep their work areas clean and organized. All jobs should be broom swept daily. Lumber piles outside should be covered and stacked neatly. Garbage should be in a dumpster, bagged or wood kept in a neat pile for burning. Cans, bottles and cups etc. should be put in a garbage container. No cigarette butts
- Must be able to use all power and hand tools safely
- Be able to work alone or with a group
- Can understand blueprint drawings and written specifications. Also understand contracts and all other carpentry related job documents.
Skills are not limited to the items above. The more skills you can accomplish with quality and speed, the higher your pay scale.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBLITIES/JOB FUNCTIONS
- Good communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- Handle pressure easily
- Be a nice person
- Should be able to lift reasonable amounts of weight safely. (This should always be done safely).
- Working at heights should not be a problem. (This should always be done safely).
- Have proper clothing and be prepared for cold and damp weather
Carpenters should provide their own set of woodworking hand tools including a pouch, speed square, tape measure, chalk line, nail sets and utility knife. (After 3 months of employment as these items need replacing the company will cover the cost. Items under $50.00 can be purchased (responsibly) at Rangeley Lakes Builders Supply).
All other tools will be provided by the company.
Please avoid using other workers own personal tools.
Employees should meet at the jobsite and punch in to T-Sheets at 7:00 a.m. to begin work and punch out when leaving the job at 3:30.
The above hours equal a 40-hour workweek. If you want to work beyond the 3:30 timeframe and leave earlier on Friday that is fine.
Employees should meet at the shop on Thursdays, (Payday). Punch in at 7:00 and head to the jobsite.
Lunch is ½ hour unpaid or you can take a 10-minute paid break.
There is a 10-minute paid break in the morning and afternoon.
Builder Trend helps keep track of everything being done on each project and improves the ability to do accurate future estimates and keep clients informed on job progress. Please enter the following information daily. What you did – Who you worked with – How much work did you do – Any issues you ran into – Photos (very helpful) – What’s on next days agenda.
T-Sheets is used for tracking time on jobs. It helps make the office duties much more efficient than using paper sheets. Please make this a habit and use this during each work day. It’s understood that lack of cell service may affect punching in and out. If that’s the case, please enter time as soon as you can.
Vacation & Holiday Pay
4th of July
If holiday falls on a weekend you get one paid day off during the week.
Paid Days off
After 1 year – 1 week paid
After 3 years of continuous work – 2 weeks paid