Genesis Community Loan Fund | Brunswick, ME
The Genesis Fund is a critical link in the development of affordable housing and community facilities in Maine. Our mission is to bring together resources to create housing and other economic and social opportunities for underserved people and communities. The Genesis Fund, a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), is a statewide nonprofit organization that began in 1992.
The Genesis Fund provides innovative financing by soliciting low-interest loans from individuals, churches, corporations and foundations, and then re-lending the money to nonprofit organizations developing affordable housing and community facilities in underserved neighborhoods and needy communities. If requested, we provide substantial technical assistance to the sponsors of capital projects that will create housing and community development opportunities. For more info: www.genesisfund.org.
The Genesis Fund is seeking to hire a full-time Loan Administrator. This position will be responsible for supporting the Genesis Fund’s Loan Officer in underwriting, closing and servicing loans. Duties will include managing documents, data and correspondence related to loan applications, underwriting requests, approving and closing loans, disbursing funds, and monitoring the performance of loans and borrowers. An important responsibility will be ensuring the accuracy of loan information within the organization’s data management systems as well as mastering and optimizing the use of those systems to track and report on loan portfolio performance.
The Loan Administrator will report to the Loan Officer. This is a 35 hour per week, non-exempt position, which will be based in Brunswick, Maine.
The ideal candidate will have the required skills and knowledge, but also a demonstrated interest in and commitment to the organization’s mission of serving disadvantaged and low-income communities.
The Loan Administrator will be responsible for the following:
- Tracking and organizing documents through all stages of the lending process
- Creating and maintaining electronic and paper files of all loans and supporting documents
- Entering and ensuring accuracy of loan and borrower data in the data management system
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for optimization and enhancements of the data management system
- Overseeing and updating use of loan management software for data related to loan portfolio management and outcome tracking
- Working with software technical support to create custom reports, views, wizards, data entry fields, and other database administration to meet the organizational needs for data management and reporting
- Assisting in preparing materials for staff, loan committee and board review
- Assisting in drafting loan commitments and supporting the drafting of loan documents
- Communicating with borrowers about loan disbursements, loan payments, loan monitoring requirements, loan pay offs and other information needs
- Tracking and reporting on loan payments, entering payment transactions and updating amortization schedules as needed
- Assisting in following up on non-performing loans as necessary
- Assisting in evaluating borrowers and project performance
- Maintaining data for social outcomes and beneficiary analysis for performance management, compliance reporting, and grant writing
- Assisting with aggregated portfolio analysis for internal and external review
- Providing and supporting the provision of high quality customer service to borrowers through all stages of the financing process
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as finance, business, and/or public administration is highly beneficial, or a paralegal certificate with a focus on real estate.
- At least two (2) years of experience with real estate development or loan administration at a financial institution, although other relevant experience and/or education will also be considered.
- A basic understanding of financial structuring for housing and community development projects.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong interest and skill in database management, with 2-4 years of demonstrated experience working with queries, reports, and custom database administration
- Strong organizational, analytical, logical and problem solving skills
- Experience with loan management or other kinds of data management software and demonstrated ability to learn and master new software applications
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining individual and organizational relationships, and strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sound time management and organizational skills, with an ability to coordinate complex activities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines.
- Broad, active curiosity with strong interest in ongoing learning about community development finance. Openness to learning new skills and systems.
- Demonstrated self-starter that can work independently and take initiative.
- Great communicator and team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Flexibility, creativity, and patience, with imagination, enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Genesis Fund’s mission.
The Genesis Fund offers a generous benefits package that includes vacation and sick time, medical/dental/life insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 401(K) retirement savings plan and a paid sabbatical after ten years of full-time continuous service to the organization. Salary range: $47,000-$52,000, depending on experience. The Genesis Fund is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
Deadline: Priority review will be given to applications received by June 9, 2019.