Loan Officer Assistant Full Time
Northeast Bank | Bangor, ME
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will oversee the origination, file management, communication and revenue of the Loan Officer(s). This position will be in direct contact with Clients, Realtors, Builders and other Business Partners. This position requires time management, precise verbal and written communication and have a working knowledge of all major investors and their guidelines.
- Reviews mortgage loan files submitted by the Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) to verify all application data and supporting documentation is complete and meets bank and investor standards.
- Requests missing and/or corrected documentation as needed from the borrower or realtor
- Prepares and sends correspondence to borrowers to advise them of outstanding conditions (Welcome letter, Commitment letter, Thank You Cards, etc.)
- Responsible for once a week status calls/emails to all parties involved in the transaction (Clients, Realtors, Builders, etc.)
- Be able to quote interest rates and lock loans
- Tracks and manages new leads and follows up on referral business.
- Registers Government loans with appropriate agency (FHA, VA, MSHA, RD)
- Requests credit reports, title searches, flood certifications and appraisals from appropriate vendors
- Performs a final review of the file and updates information on appropriate loan system; then submits the file to underwriting for approval and/or clear to close.
- Monitors Pipeline reports for Reg B purposes, rate lock expirations and purchase & sale contract expirations
- Prepares and analyzes weekly loan pipelines for each assigned MLO and updates the MLO as to the status of each loan
- Proficiency with loan policy, products, procedure manuals and investor guidelines (FHLMC, FNMA, VA, MSHA, RD and FHA)
- Proficient knowledge of Flood policy, Reg B, HMDA and CRA
- Ensures the integrity of data under the scope of the job responsibilities
- Stays abreast of changes in loan regulations
- Trains to learn and understand the underwriting function and foresee potential conditions and issues
- Works with MLO’s, other processors and department manager to streamline and improve processes
- Preparing the disclosure package to be sent to the borrowers after it is thoroughly reviewed and completed.
- Assist in monitoring the projections for the month – insure accurate information is updated in the LOS regarding estimated closing dates.
- Other duties as assigned
- Successfully pass technical and regulatory examinations by the Company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer and word processing skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy and ability to follow up
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity of real estate transactions
- Must have a positive attitude
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Basic accounting skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in loan processing (consumer, commercial or mortgage)
- 3 years banking or related experience
At Northeast Bank our employees are a priority. We are eager to attract hardworking, motivated and talented individuals who want to work in a growing company that cares about its employees, customers and the communities we serve. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package to our employees including:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Short and Long-term disability plans
- Reimbursement accounts
- Commuter reimbursement plan
Northeast Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer