MRI Technologist I-Radiology ($20,000 Transistion Bonus)
Maine Medical Center | Portland, ME
- Position Summary
- This is specialized clinical work performing and assisting with Magnetic Resonance Imaging. This is an entry level MRI Technologist position requiring competence in performing basic MRI exams.
- MRI Techs at Maine Medical Center work with state of the art technology to promote excellent patient care. MRI Techs have the opportunity to enhance their career through our culture of continuous learning and a three tier career ladder.
- **$20,000 Transistion Bonus!!
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Knowledge of Magnetic Resonance equipment, procedures and techniques, magnet safety, as well as anatomy and physiology acquired through completion of an ARRT appropriate accredited program in MRI Technology.
- Certification: Eligible for certification in MRI by the ARRT.
- Experience: Minimum experience: Demonstrated competence in MR imaging as obtained through clinical training as part of education in an accredited program in MRI Technology. 1 year of experience as an MRI Technologist in a hospital setting is preferred. Experience as an MRI technologist in a large hospital is a plus.
- BLS certified.
- Analytical ability to determine the best method to providing requested images based on the patient's physical state and pathology in accordance with established protocols.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to explain MR procedures to patients to allay apprehensions and elicit cooperation. Must communicate effectively with radiologists.
- Ability to perform and/or adapt to the changes associated with different work environments and different equipment.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously (i.e. begin next scan, post process last scan, and transmit images).
**Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible.